How to play Texas Hold’em poker – a useful guide for Aussies
Statistics says that more than 60% of the adults in Australia take part in some gambling activities – they play card games and slots, make sports bets or buy lotteries. A few decades ago Aussies enjoyed poker events on TV and watched live casino tournaments broadcasts. Now anyone of legal age can visit an online casino and gamble at home. If you want to join happy gamblers but don’t know how to play Texas Hold’em poker, don’t hesitate to read this article. Texas holdem poker gambling – much easier than you think.
How to play Texas Hold’em poker – the essential guide for beginners
Every game starts with the rules. Learning how to play Texas Hold’em poker will help you to start a successful journey into the exciting world of poker. Although Hold’em does not differ much from other versions of poker, this card game still has its particularities and special aspects (which make this game so popular).
How to play Texas Hold’em poker – rules and tips
The main aim is to make the best hand by combining hole cards and shared cards. Sometimes (not very often) the best hand is made of shared cards on their own. The game includes the following steps:
- At the beginning of the game, each player gets 2 hole cards dealt face down.
- Bet, check, hold – you have to decide whether you want to make bets or not.
- The flop – 3 shared cards are dealt face up and the players have to make bets or hold.
- The turn – the fourth shared card is dealt face-up, players bet or hold.
- The river – the fifth shared card is dealt face up and the players have the final chance to make a bet (or hold as well).
- End of the game – the winner is either someone who got the best five cards or someone who made bets while everyone else decided to hold.
Gambling in Australia – is it legal and can Aussies play poker online?
On August 9, 2017, the Parliament of Australia passed the Interactive Gambling Amendment Bill that prohibited real money gambling, including poker. However, this law applies to gambling providers rather than to the citizens of the country. So don’t be hesitant to play poker online because of the gambling ban. You should know that:
- As a gambler, you can play Texas Hold’em, as well as any other poker game, absolutely legally and without any limitation.
- You won’t have to install VPN to access poker sites, use a fake ID to register an online casino account and open a foreign bank account to deposit or withdraw money. Many overseas online gambling providers accept customers from Australia, so you can use your name, address, and card issued by Australian bank to set up an online casino account.
- If you do not trust foreign companies, you can visit offshore Australian casinos – it’s legal and won’t expose you to any charges.
Australian residents have plenty of opportunities to play their favorite card games, including poker, from home. The only thing you have to do is to learn how to play Texas Hold’em poker – and you are ready to revel in this exciting game.